The First Steps


Sonia & I decided to get started hiking this next year. Why hiking? We both have enjoyed camping in the past, during which we would inevitably wander off into the woods. We don't always have the time to commit to a camping get-away, but finding some time to "take a hike" is more reasonable. Not to mention we need the exercise!

So, where to start? We might as well start where we are! We live in the town of Newark, Ohio (Licking County) which is about 30 miles east of Columbus. I've been pleased to find that there are a number of trails in the area. See here, here, and here for some info. We'll start picking them off one by one and try to journal them here.

Happy hiking!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Well, Chris, I can certainly see the reasoning for "taking a hike" and "getting off into the woods" with Sonja! It's about time you started a blog and if it's about this endeavor....so be it. Actually I haveonly trekked a couple of these (BHG, Taft Reserve and a couple of the bike trails). Good birding walks include Dawes (lots of trails) Buckeye Lake and the Hebron Fish Hatchery. Pat and I would be open to joining you when and if we could. I'll mark this blog site on my favorites and chek in from time to time. Meantime....happy hiking.